Also having google redirect, evidence of rootkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...

Various searches on google today and last few days were redirecting me to ads, with today seeming to be worse. Reinstalled java, ran a scan or two the other day, but nothing has helped. My own knowledge is rather limited, and came across your site during searches for info.

Have installed avast, which indicated rootkit in windows folder (C:\\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\SKYNETvusjjxwh.sys type-rootkit).

I have followed the instructions on your '8 steps' page to the best of my knowledge and/or ability, and am including the logs as requested. I apologize for being relatively unfamiliar with these subjects, but I sincerely appreciate any help you can offer...have already learned a lot in these past couple of hours.

thanks in advance for anything you can do...will do what I can to assist, and I apologize if I have overlooked some detail thus far.

It sounds like you have a rootkit. If you can get online, download combofix. Unfortunately I can't post the link for you due to forum restrictions. But if you go to bleepingcomputer with a dot com after it you will find it.

When saving combofix to your PC, rename it to 123.com so malware won't disable it. Launch combofix (now titled 123.com), allow it to download and install the Recovery Console if it prompts you. Once the scan starts, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PC, clicking anywhere while combofix is running is enough to make your system become non-responsive. Be forewarned that combofix will make your desktop dissapear and will also reboot your PC as needed. This is normal.

Once combo fix is done, post its logfile and another HJT logfile here, please.

Also, as a side note....I noticed you are running 2 Anti-Virus programs at once. Avast and McAfee.....that is a BSOD waiting to happen. Please remove one (I would suggest losing McAfee...terrible program.)

it seems to be working okay now...

...but I am very thankful for all the help/recommendations. Never thought it was that slow to begin with, but computer even seems to be moving a little faster overall.

I am very appreciative!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back