Amazon to host first-ever Digital Day sales event this Friday

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Amazon in the wake of what was likely its most successful holiday season ever has announced yet another shopping event exclusively for its customers.

Digital Day, as Amazon is calling it, is a one-day-only online shopping event for digital content. It’s essentially a targeted sales event and a pretty smart one, at least, for Amazon.

The e-commerce giant reckons that since so many people received electronic devices this holiday season, they’re going to want to load them up with content. Come December 30, Amazon’s Digital Day will afford shoppers the opportunity to do just that with discounts of up to 50 percent on thousands of movies, TV shows, apps, mobile games, music, eBooks and more.

Amazon stands to come out pretty good on Digital Day for the simple fact that digital goods don’t require space in fulfillment centers and workers to package and ship products to buyers.

Slickdeals, however, isn’t all that impressed with the fact that discounts are capped at 50 percent. The site also takes issue with the fact that some of the games featured on the Digital Day landing page are several years old (Amazon has seemingly updated the splash page as it no longer matches the screenshot Slickdeals initially captured).

Nevertheless, Amazon is set to host Digital Day on December 30 starting at 12:00am PST.

Permalink to story.

WOW ... somebody that actually "likes" Amazon, or is at least willing to defend them? Must be a new customer!

WOW ... somebody that actually "likes" Amazon, or is at least willing to defend them? Must be a new customer!
I think the term "Ignorance is Bliss" falls in play here. Because I know nothing about Amazon, and am giving them the benefit of doubt.

I'm looking at their landing page for the upcoming sale and am not impressed. Old games, some tax software, mobile apps past their prime, ect.

It looks like instead of just lowering the prices on this kind of software like they usually do they decided to switch the words "clearance" with "sale" to attract more customers. It obviously is working if it's being covered by news outlets.

Last edited:
I'm looking at their landing page for the upcoming sale and am not impressed. Old games, some tax software, mobile apps past their prime, ect.

It looks like instead of just lowering the prices on this kind of software like they usually do they decided to switch the words "clearance" with "sale" to attract more customers. It obviously is working if it's being covered by news outlets.

Or when you go to Krogers and the Hot Pockets are "50% off"..and when you check the price their $2.69, which is MORE than they were BEFORE the sale. Hmm..Amazon sells groceries so maybe that's where they got the idea. The US is actually trying to pass new laws prohibiting this kind of false advertising.

Discounts are good. Does not matter to me if it is amazon or not. But last Christmas, most of my gifts to people are from bargain-sale deals from amazon. Too bad I can't snag a price error in video cards that happened before.

Or when you go to Krogers and the Hot Pockets are "50% off"..and when you check the price their $2.69, which is MORE than they were BEFORE the sale. Hmm..Amazon sells groceries so maybe that's where they got the idea. The US is actually trying to pass new laws prohibiting this kind of false advertising.

I hate when retailers do that and thankfully there are apps to track the price of good so you know when they increase the price and then give you a "discount".

I don't know, so far it's almost always cheaper in Amazon. How they scheme it? I don't really care that much.

Back