AMD Pin Mod Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find.

It's a shame they don't have anything for the Duron. I have a 800mhz Spitfire Duron & I wanted to lower the Multiplier to 6 & crank the FSb to 133 ( 6*133=800 ) because the K7VT2 that I'm getting for it doesn't support multiplier changing.

Good find, but isnt just connect the 5th L1 bridge with conductive ink easier then wrapping pins with wire, and soldering pins?

Also,

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

Here they say to drill a little gap between the bridges, fill it with some kind of thermal compound,etc, and then paint over it connecting the bridges... I never "isolated" my cpu the way they do, I just put the conductive ink over the bridges and went off. Recon im ok?

I also did this on my friends 2600+ TBred, and for some reason it didnt unlock the bridges. They say:

VERY IMPORTANT !!!
DON'T CONNECT THE BRIDGES WITH SILVER LEADING VARNISH WITHOUT ISOLATION !!!
Unlike the older ceramic processors the new Athlon XP CPUs have a copper plate below the bridges and
you would connect the bridges to ground if you "fill" silver compound into this lasercut.
The consequences would be that the CPU multiplier would set to limited values !!!

Recon the multi is permently set now? I've never read this anywhere else so I dunno.

unfortunatly nothing works on these new super-locked bartons - not bridging pins or bridging....bridges - nothing works

Steg

Speed Strip looks great, but its such a rip off.. plus shipping kills it since you gotta buy it online.

Surely, if the speed strip works, then a pin mod that connects the same pins as the speed strip does will work also ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back