Android 5.0 Jelly Bean to launch in coming months?

Archean

Android 5.0 Jelly Bean to launch in coming months?

The industry's leading rumourmonger, Digitimes, cites Taiwan-based supply chain makers who claim that Google "is likely to" launch Android 5.0 in the second quarter of the year (April to June). The sources reckon the speedy revelation is all down to the impending threat of Windows 8.

Another update:
I just received ICS update notification for my HTC Sensation, and downloading it ATM, so ......... I guess the wait shouldn't be too long for remaining regions.

I was having three main issues with Sensation (running Gingerbread 2.3.4):

a) random reboots while idling
b) touchscreen not responding at times (it would be responsive only if I left it alone for couple of minutes), however touch keys would work during such hang-ups.
c) usual lag/stuttering of android

ICS hopefully will bring improvements in the above mentioned areas, but first thing I noticed after booting into ICS was that the phone feels slower, not sure why.

Few updates/thoughts on official ICS ROM for Sensation:

a) So far there have been no random reboots while idling, so (hopefully) HTC may have fixed it with information provided to them, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

b) There is less stuttering than before, but the phone feels little slower at times compared to earlier gingerbread ROM.

c) Haven't suffered any touch screen response issues so far, hopefully they too have been fixed (but I am not sure at this time).

Other thoughts:

New UI is better than the S3.5 in gingerbread rom. Good improvements to notification bar making it easier to get rid of them as well. I am not sure ICS brings any battery time improvements as the phone lasts just about the same time i.e. one day on a single charge.

I wish there was a way to get rid of all that bloatware which HTC has put on e.g. facebook app, google+/messenger apps etc.

Last Update:

Having used ICS update on Sensation for last two months, I still have several (unresolved / new) issues:

a) The performance is still no where near to my Lumia 800, and at times everything gets stuck for no reason
b) Notification bar disappeared couple of times for no reason (phone was idling at that time)
c) Every time I ended up having to reboot the device, it starts 'optimizing and upgrading applications for ICS', taking ages to complete the process, which is pathetic ..........
d) Signal drop due to grip issue is still there
e) Application load times at times can still be pathetically slow

To top it all, I accidentally dropped it and now have lots of (scattered) stuck or dead pixels in 0.85"x0.75" area, which I have been able to reduce to a certain extent.

Back