Annoying restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Im new here and I have a problem, my computer has been restarting itself for a week or two. I bought a new graphic card and a power supply. I have a 4870 radeon 512 vram Powercolor, AMD 64 2x 2,2 ghz, 2 GB Kingston 667 mhz. DDR2, the power supply is, i dont remember but its 450 watt and my hard drive is 2,5 250gb some thing like that.
Just after I came from vacations I installed my new power and graphics, but just day after
my motherboard died... KN9 Sli platinum, and I buyed a new one MSI K9A2 CF and it was all fine for some time then it started to restart randomly after 5 minutes some times just after few seconds the windows booted and sometimes it lastes few days. I tried reinstalling windows a few times and even without any drivers installed it restarts. I checked my cpu heat with the SpeedFan program and its just around 35 so I guess its good, I tried takinnsg out one ram stick and the other, still no effect. I am not writing this on my computer because when I tried it restarted after I wrote the first line, and uhh I dont know what this could be,
Windows bad installed? but I reinstalled few times and it still was the same, no ram error,
the cpu heat is good, Hard drive? dont know maybe my new power supply? Why did my last motherboard die? Maybe my 4870 radeon? Some people said that firefox can restart computer I have firefox 3.03 and Internet Download Manager 5.11 Maybe Download manager or what? Im soo getting nervous of my pc and also I see it restarts more often when I am using internet (Firefox) then playing games(Spore, SAMP, BF2) I tried Avast, Ad Aware, Kaspersky 2009 My lastest antivirus and nothing... Please help!

Yeah I got a blue screen with the IRQ_FATAL_ERROR or something like that
and people saying that 98%the ram isnt correct here, so I switched a little here and there
and I guess its working better now, lets check how its tommorow.

blue screen of death? if your computer is stalling a lot and restarting its obviously a processor problem. I suggest a new processor. When your old mobo died it probably fried the processor. I have had the same problem in the past and i blamed it on the ram. Turned out the processor was defective and everytime i turned on the computer ran it for a few minutes it would restart.

Yeah I dont know if it is the CPU or ram but the windows is loading so long, sometimes it freezes on
the loading screen, also I cant do the 4 hour ram test. Yesterday when I switched the ram a litlle(I had this allways at dimm1 and 3 now I switched too dimm1 and 2) it was working better and didnt restart at all ( I did go sleepin after an hour) and today it just restarts per 5 minutes. Is there some possibility to check if its the cpu, without having another one? Wow Vundoo virus is nothing compared to this problem.

blue screen of death? if your computer is stalling a lot and restarting its obviously a processor problem. I suggest a new processor. When your old mobo died it probably fried the processor. I have had the same problem in the past and i blamed it on the ram. Turned out the processor was defective and everytime i turned on the computer ran it for a few minutes it would restart.

Processors very, very rarely cause BSOD's. Incorrect Motherboard settings or failures, and other hardware failures are a much more common cause

Do hard drivers restart computers? Maybe the new mob and the windows loads so long 6 times longer then normally what is going on here... Im going to give the mobo back for a checkoff

Bad or corrupted hard drives can cause restarts. You can turn off Automatic Restarts in Control Panel, System, Advanced

Some strange sounds coming from the power supply and computer not restarting anyomre... Are the Xilence power supplies good? Talking about Xilence 550W ATX 2.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back