Another Techspot 0.o

T

tifc8lraz

I googled TechSpot, and I found this tech forum with the same name as us :eek: ! The link is http://www.techspot.in/ ! I took a look at it, and as of right now, they're not even close to our standings. Their title is also "Techspot v2.0".

Their Standings said:
Threads: 2,950, Posts: 26,455, Members: 3,098, Active Members: 929
Our Standings said:
Threads: 74,496, Posts: 449,407, Members: 78,615, Active Members: 14,026

I thought that this was rather interesting; the names they could've picked, but they picked our name :suspiciou .

That's very strange, because just today I also googled for a topic and included techspot in as one of the keywords in the google search and also saw the techspot.in. I did not visit the site, since I figured it had a probability of being a spoofed version of techspot.

I think Julio has looked into this in the past, not sure what came out of it though....

They have been around for quite a while too.

It's a shame that people have to rip off the hard work of others.

Hi Guys,

This is Deep on behalf of Techspot.in. We just got to know about this post when we were looking at our web stats. I would like to clear some misunderstandings just to keep things transparent.

The name "Techspot" came up during one of our discussions, we liked the name and went for it. There was (and there is) no intention to spoof/copy or compete. Our target is mainly Indians net-surfers and therefore the .in TLD. The word "Indian Technology Forum" appears all over the place.

As for "TechSpot 2.0", we recently revamped the site and added couple of more sections in addition to a forum. We wanted our visitors to know about it and therefore that "2.0". We have not positioned ourselves as second version of techspot.com.

I hope this clears all the misunderstandings.

Regards,
Deep
on behalf of Techspot.in Team

This was when I posted my intro in techspot.in, and said I had gotten their link from this thread.

It is unfortunate that the names are same, by coincindence or design.

But one thing I can say is that they are not copying/duplicating Techspot.com.

I'm glad that Deep made the above posting.

Back