Anti-Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase123

Hello

Just hoping someone could give me an idea of what is the best anti-virus program on the market. I have Zone alarm Security suite 7 and just want an anti-virus program to go with it.

Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Jase

The two best anti virus scanning engines available are bitdefender and kaspersky. I don't know about kaspersky, but bitdefender offers a free edition.
cheers
Hynesy

zone alarm security suite has its own virus scanner and it's not usually recommended to have more than one anti-virus but i would recommend AVG Free if you wanted another one

Thanks guys.

What do you think is better Kaspersky internet security suite or Zone alarm security suite?

Regards Jase

Zone alarm is a great firewall but its anti-virus is **** unless your using the Zone Alarm 7 because it uses Kaspersky's anti-virus engine, same can be said for the anti-spyware, I do agree with you though Dave, you should have just one system on there. I would either use Bitdefender Interest Security 2008 or Zone Alarm Internet Security or Norton Internet Security (improved a great deal) or kaspersky Interet Security. Your system will run much smoother because if you have two scanners on there and both have on demand scanning enabled then will have to scan the file/s you want to access before you can open them, chewing up the system resources and YOUR time. Also two seperate products at start up will slow the start up, and have two engines uses more internet usage for updates. It may not seem like much but for those on a low download usage internet plan it matters.
cheers
Hynesy:wave:

I would and DO use Bitdefender Internet Security 2008, its probably the best altho everyone has a different opinion. Its also probably the cheapest. Out of Zone Alarm and Kaspersky I would say Zone Alarm because it has a better firewall and because it uses kaspersky's anti-virus engine.

Edit: Forgot to answer the questions and fixed numerous typos :p:p

Thanks hynesy

And im using Zone Alarm security suite 7, it has a virus and spyware scan.

Regards Jase

Thanks very much hynesy.

And ive tried Bitdefender and did not like it.

Regards Jase

Thats fine then, just be careful of the dodgey anti-spyware tho, however its firewall should keep any threats out as long as its up to date and active.
cheers
Hynesy
PS: Remember the Security products you have is only as safe as your browsing habits. Bitdefender isn't for everyone, important thing is having a program that is effective and a program you can use without any trouble.

I believe that spyware is a great program but it doesn't catch everything. Usually when i bought the product, I had to use other antispyware programs to find alll the infections on your pc.

My personal opinion on a good anti virus: NOD32 buts thats just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back