Any motorcycle riders here?

Mikael

I was just curious if anyone at TechSpot rode motorcycles. I am eventually going to save enough money and gain the courage to ride a motorcycle in the city. :)

Hello Mikael.

Although I don`t ride motorcycles anymore(due to injury not on a bike).

I used to ride a Honda VT500 and I loved it.

If you intend to ride motorcycles may I give you one piece of advice.

Make sure you get some good quality leathers and gloves and a good full faced helmet, they might save your life one day.

Every time a motorcycle goes by, it always reminds me of all the great times I had in my younger days.

As an ex-biker I wish you all the best.

Be smart be seen and most of all be safe.

Regards Howard
fiddy.gif

Thanks for your best wishes! :)

Don't worry, since my dad was a former motorcycle rider (mainly when he was in Japan), I don't think he would let me ride without wearing a full faced helmet. The leathers and gloves I will buy for extra safety.

Afterall, I don't want to end up: :dead:

I ride man!

I sold my street bike a year ago, but I am having more fun in the dirt now :)

I currently ride an Suzuki RM250 when I am feeling friggin nuts, but when it's time to chill the Yamaha Warrior fills my kick.

Much more freedom in the woods. No traffic lights, cops, speed limit, you get the picture.

It's a great sport, but please be careful when you start. The urban myth (which has more than a little truth to it) is that you're much more likely to have an accident during the first 500 miles (800km) on any new bike. Take a safety course and get good equipment, please!

Oh, my current stable:
1983 Honda GL650 (Eunice)
2003 Suzuki GSF600 (Bounce)

For a little good information along with lots of chaff, you might read the rec.motorcycles newsgroup.

Cheers,

Cliff

A dirt bike would be fun, but the Bay Area doesn't have a lot of places to go dirt biking. There isn't much dirt to ride on, so that idea is out.

Cliff, I have been reading several motorcycle web-sites that have taught me quite a bit. If I do decide to get a motorcycle one day, I have a somewhat good idea on some of the equipment that I will be needing. :)

:wave:

I ride. Ninja ZX-6.

I second what Fearless said: take a Rider Safety Course (Google 'Motorcycle Safety Foundation'). They'll teach you techniques to first prevent "encounters" with 4-wheels, and if you can't avoid them, the course will teach you emergency techniques like best braking and swerving that will bring you out of an "encounter" in one piece.

M56

I built a offroad trike in 98

I built a trike out of cutting the front end off a 1300 honda civic and welding a susuki 550 bike frame out of the front of it.Used an auto with 3 shift cables joined together to get the shifter up front. Was fun at the beach and would reach 140 kmh with ease. The electronic ignition was the only honda electrics in it put a Bosch alternator on it to get rid the mass of wires :grinthumb

Two wheelers forever?

Current ride a 1980 GS-550. Two mountain bikes from the resale market incase there's a real gas and oil shortage. Can't see life without a ride, but one never knows.

Some say,"If it's broke, it's fixed". Didn't get where I am today by being broke and not fixin'.

Back