Any recommendation for router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMH

I'm looking for a wired router, with as many ports as possible, although 4 ports would do fine.

However, as in another thread I posted, I'm using it for my home network, which can have quite a number of computers connected simultaneously (via a switch connected to this router).

I'm having troubles with my current router, as it "freezes" and requires a reboot every once in awhile. Apparently I've got too many ingoing and outgoing connections or something, and my router's pretty crap when it comes to this, so I'm replacing it.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I don't mind getting something with wireless g as well, but its not a necessity. I'm looking for something thats robust, and will handle network torture well XD

CMH said:
I'm looking for a wired router, with as many ports as possible, although 4 ports would do fine.

However, as in another thread I posted, I'm using it for my home network, which can have quite a number of computers connected simultaneously (via a switch connected to this router).

I'm having troubles with my current router, as it "freezes" and requires a reboot every once in awhile. Apparently I've got too many ingoing and outgoing connections or something, and my router's pretty crap when it comes to this, so I'm replacing it.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I don't mind getting something with wireless g as well, but its not a necessity. I'm looking for something thats robust, and will handle network torture well XD

No matter what you should go from a wired to external wired switch as shown here..

Save some money and got to Best Buy and get the Dynex series or
http://www.amazon.com/DX-E401-4-Por...9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1214195648&sr=8-9
Don't let the price fool you it's a really quick wired router. I would recommend it over anything else out their and it's dirt cheap! The black one pictured in the middle of the screen above.

well, thanks for the link nick, but you do realise switches isn't what I'm looking for...

I've seen your network setup Tipstir (and your website). However, I did a quick check, and I don't seem to be able to find any Dynex products around here... Do you have any Dlink/Netgear/Linksys products to recommend? These are the brands that are most readily available here...

I use a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz router and it is fine. Maybe once per month it starts acting a little funny and I have to re-boot it. Otherwise has worked fine with the seven computers I have on the home network.

I have a linksys WRT54G, it is roughly $40US not sure how much it will be in Oz. Anyway, it is both a 4-port wired and wireless for when you do decide to go that way. I've had it for about 3 years now and haven't had a problem. You are also able to add third-party firmware if you choose to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back