ANyone with gigabyte 8sq-800 or other dual channell board??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have just installed a Gigiabyte 8SQ800 Motherboard - I have installed the ram chips in separate channels as specified but when booting up the PC says, beneath the memory check, Dual Channel: Single 128bit processing. Does this mean Dual channel RAM has been activated or not? There is nothing in the manual about determining this in the BIOS or in any other way.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Dave Secker,

London, UK.

i dont *no* this - im guessing - but that doesnt sound right - have u had a look though the bios? no options? try installing the ram in different slots if u have more than 2 - other than that im stumped

Steg

Read the manual - it should tell you what you need to know.

My thoughts: I think that your mainboard automatically switches to dual-channel if you installed your memory correctly (matched pairs in correct slots).

A quote from a website I visited ...

"... Dual DDR Architecture again features 2 64bit controllers combining to create a 128bit memory interface. The two 64bit controllers work independently and theoretically outperform a single 128bit controller ..."

so it looks as if you are already operating in dual-channel mode (Dual Channel: Single 128bit processing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back