Apple patent would let callers know if you're too busy to chat

Shawn Knight

Staff member
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Thursday published an Apple patent application that outlines a method in which a caller could check the status of another iPhone user’s handset before placing a call to determine whether it's a good...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/53733-apple-patent-would-let-callers-know-if-youre-too-busy-to-chat.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

D

davislane1

Cool feature. Now all I need to know is where I will have to go in the iOS settings to disable it.

hahahanoobs

Tom
If their status says busy you can still call and leave a message. I don't see why that would change.

I like this idea. Some people don't check their voicemail that often, so if you really want to talk to someone, you can use the status check.

wastedkill

Patent... you kidding me this cant be possible android already has this and has had it for ages now, brb gonna patent giving birth and breathing so I can earn cash from people giving birth and breathing.

cliffordcooley

Maybe they can implement a $20 fine for calling, if the person they are calling has a status of "Driving". lol

ShadowDeath

Soo... if Apple can't win by making a better phone then they will win by legal battles with their opponents. They're really starting to sink lately...

G

Or...you could just turn on auto-reply on your Android phone? That way if they text you, my phone will magically let the sender know if I'm too busy to chat!*nerd*