Apple posts $3.38 billion first quarter profit, iPhone shipments up 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Apple has posted its first-quarter 2010 financial results, reporting a profit of $3.38 billion ($3.67 per share), which is up from $2.26 billion in the year-ago quarter. Revenue reached $15.68 billion, an increase from $11.88 billion in the previous year, and better than Wall Street's anticipated $11.21 to $12.6 billion on earnings of $2.07 a share.

It's hard to fully comprehend just how much cash that is, but it was reportedly Apple's best quarter ever. Cupertino shipped 3.36 million Macs (up 33% on-year), 8.7 million iPhones (up 100%) and 21 million iPods (down 8%). In a statement, CEO Steve Jobs said it was surprising that Apple is now a $50+ billion company, and the company's upcoming products are "very strong, starting this week with a major new product that we're really excited about."

Apple is expected to reveal a new tablet device this Wednesday, January 27, among other possible releases, but it has yet to officially announce what will be present. For the next quarter, the company (conservatively) foresees earnings of $2.06 to $2.18 per share and revenue of $11 to $11.4 billion.

Permalink to story.

Notice how much profit they make from there actual sales. That's because they over charge customers. They never give back to the people. All of you supporting Apples way of doing business should be ashamed. I'm glad other companies aren't as greedy and support competition.

Anything but Apple FTW!

Agreed with Windmill007 but on the other Hand, Apple do have some great products which no one else can sell for example Mac OSX. which is a shame, I've used Mac OSX on my friends house all the time and I think its great, but I just cannot afford the price for Apples laptop as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back