Apple Store vandalized by pranksters, again

Emil

Staff

Apple is currently building a second retail store in Hamburg, Germany. Those who dislike the company, or at least those who enjoy having a laugh at Cupertino's expense, have vandalized the construction site. In fact, this is the second time the Apple Store, which is scheduled to open later this year, has been defaced.

This time, anti-Apple fanboys have hit the company where it hurts: its loyal customers. The graffiti is a clear attempt at making fun of those that blindly buy anything that Apple releases (images courtesy of fscklog):

The first time the building was vandalized, pranksters under the name ".WAV Collective" put up a Windows logo on the site. The two guys, dressed up as construction workers, walked up with a ladder, cordoned off the area with a barrier, and proceeded to install four colored plates to make up a Windows logo. Although the colors were in the wrong order (the blue and green should be switched), the joke was still a success.

The official construction team removed the Windows logo once it was spotted, but at that point it was already too late. The whole hoax was videotaped and it quickly spread across the Internet:

It's not clear if the same group is responsible for both pranks, but based on how different the two were, we'd guess not. Furthermore, the .WAV Collective hasn't posted anything on their Vimeo channel. It's most likely that this is just a copycat group, but either way it's still amusing, even if it's not as good as the first.

Permalink to story.

I don't know, I think it was awfully nice of them to lay out a spot for people to camp in. Most times you have to fight for a spot.

Why jerk? We all know that some of electronic customers, Apple customers in that case are acting (Not necessary being) dumb camping for a new product mostly buggy and with lots of jacked and already used ideas sold as something magnificent and a head of times.
It's actually funny that someone can see and point that weakness in people :)

Lol it's so true apple customers will buy anything from apple. Heck 80% of them know nothing about computers or that they're paying for over priced parts. 2gb of ram from apple cost $200 compared to $30 vs normal pcs.

Guest said:
Lol it's so true apple customers will buy anything from apple.

Yup. They could make even more of a killing if they started selling those black turtleneck-ish things he wears for $500 a pop. (The one Apple product that wouldn't even need a logo.) I know so many fanboys who would own 3. How about a Steve Jobs bobble-head for my car? (Jobsle-head?)

mavis311 said:
Guest said:

Yup. They could make even more of a killing if they started selling those black turtleneck-ish things he wears for $500 a pop. (The one Apple product that wouldn't even need a logo.) I know so many fanboys who would own 3. How about a Steve Jobs bobble-head for my car? (Jobsle-head?)

Please people, I'm not an apple fanboy - but to each their own. Looking down on 'fools' and laughing only makes you worse than them. Peace.

mavis311 said:
Guest said:

Marketing......its all about marketing. Try this.

Instead of bobblehead, try......... "i-head"

for the turtlenecks try........ "i-turtle" or the "i-wear".

LOL!!

The whole Nazi thing was probably a bit touchy, though, given that it's Germany. Apple does have a cult following, but it's mostly innocuous. People have been overpaying for things for as long as money has been around, and Apple is nowhere near as bad as snake oil, as they make quality products.

yip Apple is bad.

300.000+ virussen for the windows
0 for apple

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

apple more expensive?

Windows server 3500 euro
Apple server 3590 euro

after costs to make it work

Apple 3590 because all the software was already on the server

windows 14000 euro because nothing is included

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

O. in 2008 the macbkpro 17" dual core was the BEST!! Windows!!! computer

WOEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Guest said:

Apple 3590 because all the software was already on the server

windows 14000 euro because nothing is included

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

O. in 2008 the macbkpro 17" dual core was the BEST!! Windows!!! computer

WOEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The one major person defending Apple and he doesn't even have the education to use correct grammar. Apple is overpriced, it cannot be argued. Get over it.

Thumbs up to the bobblehead!

I work in I.T..... I ALWAYS refer to them as: CRapple

I dont like CRapple products and never will

APPLE WITH A BITE OUT OF IT??? Adam and Eve, much?

Windows logo: SUN SYMBOL like the Nazi symbol.....

These big corporations are evil

Well that was funny to see! :haha:

I suppose being Apple makes it more ironic... Nice to see the usual love for Mac among the forums. ;)

Back