1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple want to open new Arizona sapphire plant ASAP to build 'critical' components

By Shawn Knight ยท 4 replies
Jan 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Construction on Apple's new sapphire crystal manufacturing plant in Mesa, Arizona, is apparently moving along as a blistering pace – so much so that the Cupertino-based company has an aggressive plan to open the facility next month but it's what...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,826   +1,169

Wha-What?! Arizona?! They do know you have to pay tax if you're in this country right?

3. Is there a law that forces journalists to use slang words instead of a traditional language? I mean, the author has written "eyeballing" twice within several phrases. Why not write "Apple might be considering using this technology in other devices"? Why does it have to be "eyeballing" - it's not even proper English. Eyeballing is "staring or looking at something closely". It _could_ work if it would be "Apple is looking closely at a possibility of using the technology...", but staring at technology makes no sense at all. I wish authors would realise that people come to this site to actually read the news, and not praise the ability of copywriters to jargon-juggle.

4. If memory servers me right, apple tried this before with my lovely state but didnt go through since apple wanted a severely tax cut (next to nothing) to operate. Guess money talks and tax walks...

5. davislane1

davislane1 Inquisitor Posts: 4,419   +3,389

Get back in your zeppelin and fly away.