Apple's Black Friday sale: $100 off select MacBooks and more

Jos

Staff

Apple is not particularly known for offering generous discounts during the Black Friday shopping craze. Unfortunately, this year is no different, but if you’ve been mulling over buying one of their products today might be a good day to take the plunge. The company is touting savings of $41 on an iPad, $31 on an iPad 2 and iPod touch, $101 on the new MacBook Pros as well as MacBook Air and $7-$21 on a range of gadgets.

Discounts hover around the 10% mark for more expensive items and climb to 20-40% for cheaper ones. It’s not much but it’ll at least save you some cash if you’re planning on buying anyway. Brian Sozzi, chief equities analyst at NBG Productions notes this is “Apple’s way of saying we’re still a premium experience. Let some of the other retailers drive a lot of volume, we’re still a destination.”

Indeed, the company’s products -- specially iOS devices -- are already flying off shelves so there’s not all lot incentive for reduced prices. Their popular retail stores are said to generate $6,050 per square foot in sales, or more than twice what any other retailer in the U.S. can claim, according to the latest data from RetailSails.

But Apple stores aren’t the only places you will be able to save on iPads, iPods and MacBooks today. Target, Best Buy, Walmart and other retailers are often offering steeper discounts hoping to attract foot traffic and boost sales of other items. The fourth-gen iPad was marked $439 at Best Buy, for example, while Walmart sells the iPad 2 for the same $399 Apple charges but with a $75 Walmart gift card on the side.

Permalink to story.

Lol Apple is such a joke. I still can't believe people actually buy their crap!

I can.. just really they burn their customers often. Yet they still remain loyal, like blind sheep honestly. Remember the whole iPhone "You're holding it wrong!", kind of response? Still.. they blindly go and buy Apple products. I've long since seen Apple as the, "Late to the party, but charge premiums on already existing tech" kind of company.

Name really a large number of things Apple has done before others? Many try before with similar products, but it doesn't catch on as very appealing. Apple does it though then suddenly, everyone suddenly jumps on the market. It's like people treat Apple as the god of all companies, the ones who can lead them to salvation. More likely to lead them to an empty wallet, and high / maxed credit cards if anything.

Sorry but if people expect me to pay 2-5 times as much, for similar products because of their brand. You are sorely mistaken and I will make it known, I'd rather get more for my money then be lead down a depressing path. Nothing about them is unique at all, aside from being critical about 'perfection' in products.

Hahaha you sad sad little apple haters. If you think a 6 year old macbook STILL running at optimal performance putting every a majority of PCs to shame than you're hilariously ignorant and drowning yourself in your own misguided joke of an opinion. BOOM! Don't hate the name, hate the game

Hahaha you sad sad little apple haters. If you think a 6 year old macbook STILL running at optimal performance putting every a majority of PCs to shame than you're hilariously ignorant and drowning yourself in your own misguided joke of an opinion. BOOM! Don't hate the name, hate the game

Couldn't agree more, Its worrying how quick Apple Haters are at Hating Apple stories.

Apple survives on it's name recognition. People identify with the name apple. Has been around for a while and known as a pristine company despite the price of the items they produce.

What did I just read?

Computers are 16 times more powerful than 6 years ago. Moore's Law, heard of that? Considering Macs have never been the top PC on the market anyway so I have no idea what you're on about...

Yeah, I'm an Apple hater, because I genuinely think that they're a bad company, brainwashing a majority of the Western world into thinking that they're the best around.

Wait edit what I said, I didn't mean I agree with him wholly, I meant that I agree there are way to many Apple Haters around here...

"If you think a 6 year old macbook STILL running at optimal performance putting every a majority of PCs to shame than you're hilariously ignorant and drowning yourself in your own misguided joke of an opinion."

And what's so special about a 2006 MacBook Pro that makes it so freakishly fast that it puts majority of modern PCs to shame? Here are the specs:

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP24

I can imagine that a PC laptop from that era can be easily upgraded to support 4-8GB of DDR2, the mechanical drive swapped for a modern SSD and a Windows 7 / 8 OS installed it on. It would be a pretty snappy laptop with these minimal upgraded for people who only use it for Word Documents, Excel, Email, watching YouTube, HD movies and browse the Internet. It's not as if the MacBook Pro from that era can decode / encode video faster or play modern 3D games.

Also, you forgot that the MacBook probably cost $2-2.5K for that buyer. A similarly equipped PC was probably $1K less in 2006. That means during the last 6 years the buyer of a PC laptop could have purchased a brand new "free" $1000 PC laptop with a newer OS.

The newer Apple laptops are nice in terms of aesthetics, keyboard, especially Retina Displays but their prices are outrageous. It costs $2,800 for a 15 inch nicely loaded MacBook Pro. That's a JOKE.

You can buy a full high-end gaming desktop and a great PC laptop for the price of 1 such MacBook Pro.

Couldn't agree more, Its worrying how quick Apple Haters are at Hating Apple stories.
Wait edit what I said, I didn't mean I agree with him wholly, I meant that I agree there are way to many Apple Haters around here...
I'm going to hold out for an English edition before I weigh in on this...

"Lol Apple is such a joke. I still can't believe people actually buy their crap!"

that's what we call 'brand' if you don't understand, it's just the same when girls buy channel or gucci products..

I find it hard to believe its putting my laptop to shame...at $400 too

I find it hard to believe its putting my laptop to shame...at $400 too
People keep quoting this post, myself included. However, I don't think it says what you think it does. And unfortunately, the OP has a poor grip on the importance of content versus style. BOOM! There, I said it!

So again, until the English version appears, I'm going to do something way more constructive with my time than respond to another, "PC vs Mac" commercial.

I've made up my mind, a point in my life has arrived where decisive and resolute action on my part is both demanded and required!

So, I'm off to answer a couple of "penis enlargement" Emails. Whosoever hath branded those spam, may God have mercy on his soul.;)

Apple survives on it's name recognition. People identify with the name apple. Has been around for a while and known as a pristine company despite the price of the items they produce.
perhaps microsoft will rebrand its hardware as MAPPLE then :)

If apple is so bad, why do I see apple laptops on most of the programs I watch? Just curious, not trying to be argumentative.:)

If apple is so bad, why do I see apple laptops on most of the programs I watch? Just curious, not trying to be argumentative.:)

Because:
- Apple has too much money and doesn't know what to do with it.
- It's part of the brainwashing ... erm, marketing.
- They do look sexy. Can't deny that.

Apple didn't discount terribly much at their stores/website. But other retailers including amazon had some decent discounts. Not sure why this was worth of its own news story.

If apple is so bad, why do I see apple laptops on most of the programs I watch? Just curious, not trying to be argumentative.
prekesh-happy.png

Because:
- Apple has too much money and doesn't know what to do with it.
- It's part of the brainwashing ... erm, marketing.
- They do look sexy. Can't deny that.

well,
since all of my works dealing with video editing, animation, design and 3d modelling.. you'll find the advantages of apple here. I'm running several studios for animation and post-production, there I know exactly when I should use apple and when I should use MS based..

well,
since all of my works dealing with video editing, animation, design and 3d modelling.. you'll find the advantages of apple here. I'm running several studios for animation and post-production, there I know exactly when I should use apple and when I should use MS based..

I'd have agreed with you in the Windows XP and prior days, but now Macs are Intel-based with NV/AMD GPU's I can't see what you're trying to say about performance.

"I'd have agreed with you in the Windows XP and prior days, but now Macs are Intel-based with NV/AMD GPU's I can't see what you're trying to say about performance"

I don't know how to explain this. Based on my experience when I'm using mac workstation in some cases (even with the specs lower than Win based workstation) it can give better result or faster when working.. Maybe you can get your answer from other who is more understand very well.. (maybe the performance not just affected by hardware alone) what I'm trying to say is not that Mac is superior than win, but both of them has its advantages and disadvantages.. and I'm using both for my studios. Ah, and I'm not apple fanboys..

Back