Application Error issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I recently disabled a couple non-essential items for start-up through msconfig. When I did that and restarted, my computer now asks for a user name and password. When I click ok, it boots up fine, but certain programs (such as Ad Aware) don't work and come up with this error:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I'm sorta a novice at this, so this might be an obvious solution. If anyone can provide me with any help I would greatly appreciate it!

anyone have any idea what i may need to do to fix this?

I'm also having trouble opening up programs like disk defragmenter and add/remove programs.

Patience is a virtue and we ask everyone to have it. There are more problems than helpers and those of us who all volunteer our help, give it a quickly as we can.

Please look for an Error that corresponds to the time of this message in the Event Viewer:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

NOTE: Please ignore Warnings and Information Events and don't paste the entire log. The Error Event should give us more information to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back