By Louis90B
Jan 16, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 9,728   +3,701

Looks good to me.

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,021   +661

While your selections look good, you can't place too much reliance on a "drive-by" assessment.

When I approach a build, I start with the way I am going to use the system - office, gaming, storage, etc. My first selection based on use is the CPU. When I am happy with that choice, I go to find a motherboard which fully supports it. Then I go to the motherboard specifications and make my selection of compatible RAM. Selection of graphics card is next, followed by storage, display and case (you might want to add a DVD). Last thing is to check the total load in order to properly size the power supply (while watching out for special needs like a high amperage +12v rail, heavy +5v use by USB, etc).

If I were to do a build today, I would be sure to include ideas like DX12, Windows 10 , multi-core processor and displayport v1.3 - to make sure what I'm doing will make sense a year or two from now.

You seem to have done all this.

"Measure twice, cut once."

cliffordcooley likes this.