Are These Specs Good for a Gaming PC? (First Build Ever)

Hello pc builders, I'd like to ask for some advice on building a gaming pc. I've picked out some parts that I think are good, but I do not know that much about custom building computers and what parts are most suitable for gaming.
I'm trying to keep the price limit at $1000 USD. Here are the parts that I've picked out.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case (probs doesn't matter) Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case

Thank you

I would lower the mobo to something like a Gaming 5 and lower the case to something like a Corsair 200r. With those price savings, use the $ to a better GPU like the AMD R9 270 or 270X. If you can squeeze in an SSD that would be a monster build! Good job!

I would suggest these 3: Intel Core i5-2500k (great overclocker), some z77 MOBO and 8GB of DDR3. I was lucky enough to spend just 256$ total (even got the warranty for used parts, cpu and mobo - 2 years) and I live in Bosnia, which has crazy high component prices. It is blazing fast, won't get outadated anytime soon, and it leaves you with an upgrade path with 2 Intel gens in mind. Hell, even the previous gen core i7s 920, or higher are rock-solid for gaming even though it is pretty old.

If you can find this for lower price, you can even go for radeon r9 280x

I would suggest these 3: Intel Core i5-2500k (great overclocker), some z77 MOBO and 8GB of DDR3. I was lucky enough to spend just 256$ total (even got the warranty for used parts, cpu and mobo - 2 years) and I live in Bosnia, which has crazy high component prices. It is blazing fast, won't get outadated anytime soon, and it leaves you with an upgrade path with 2 Intel gens in mind. Hell, even the previous gen core i7s 920, or higher are rock-solid for gaming even though it is pretty old.

If you can find this for lower price, you can even go for radeon r9 280x

For a used system, its a good to go for gaming and even daily basis. My previous build was Athlon X4 955 and it still rocks on gaming, then I switched to Intel's haswell

For a used system, its a good to go for gaming and even daily basis. My previous build was Athlon X4 955 and it still rocks on gaming, then I switched to Intel's haswell
How happy are you with Haswell, and what exact CPU u got? :) I don't plan on switching this cpu for at least 2 years.

Back