Article blocked for comments?

I really hope that it's not the case and that we won't encounter more frequent article commentary blocking. I mean, we already have enough websites, companies, services. That have wen't mental with their pro liberal view and they just immediately bench you if your opinion doesn't match their own.

I really hope that Techspot is not going to turn into one of those pathetic sites.

Having different opinion or challenging your statements in a discussion IS NOT an attack to your personality, freedom or whatever...

This ''triggered snowflake movement'' should be eradicated as fast as possible, before it's too late.

I really hope that it's not the case and that we won't encounter more frequent article commentary blocking. I mean, we already have enough websites, companies, services. That have wen't mental with their pro liberal view and they just immediately bench you if your opinion doesn't match their own.
Well, Techspot has been pretty darn reasonable about allowing all opinions to be represented and continued in threads where the commentary has gotten quite heated on both sides. That's speaking from a culprit's point of view.

I saw the thread in question, and I don't believe it had enough, (if any), ties to technology to allow it to continue.

I really hope that Techspot is not going to turn into one of those pathetic sites.
Here's the thing, we've had just as many complaints to the contrary about threads involving too much in the way of politics, and too little in the way of 'actual technology', some of them quite vehemently opposed to political commentary of any kind.

Although in some of those instances, it may have been sore losers in the political arena, providing the most dissent.

Having different opinion or challenging your statements in a discussion IS NOT an attack to your personality, freedom or whatever...
Alliances can be a fluid thing in the forums. A stalwart opponent can become an ally, depending on topic and circumstances. (It's most likely, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend paradigm", but hell, I 'll take support when or wherever I can get it).

This ''triggered snowflake movement'' should be eradicated as fast as possible, before it's too late.
Speaking as, 'the old man who wouldn't come to the village, because the people were insane from drinking the water', I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly.

Sadly, I believe it's a symptom of a culture so decadent, with people so obsessed with themselves and with phantom causes, that America's decline and fall, will be a 'made for TV re-enactment', of that which befell Rome, in 476 AD.

Our population has become overwhelmed with the most trivial and meaningless topics and pursuits. Metaphorically speaking, there's a total eclipse of the Washington Monument expected this year, when Kim Kardashian's humongous a** comes between it and the sun.

I honestly feel a nuclear war with North Korea, would create an overwhelming feeling of camaraderie, and esprit de corps, all across this great nation. But then, I've been written off as a lunatic long ago..:eek:

Last edited:
Yes, that article's comments were closed. And it's not the first time, in fact, we've been moderating our discussions ever since TechSpot has a community forum which happened sometime around 2001 or so.

Our site's terms of use -- which by the way, date back years -- exist to guide and encourage friendly conversation among members. The terms are linked to from every page and readily available here: https://www.techspot.com/terms.html

Essays and Editorials are not isolated in a vacuum. Such comments are not sacucant.

Make all the comments you like, and they don't establish "truth"

Back