Asetek WaterChill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a review http://www.guru3d.com/article/content/190/ or you can Google Asetek Waterchill and choose from many reviews.

I think it's the best liquid cooling kit going. You might be able to mix and match different components and do a better job, but for a kit, this seems to be the one, at least IMO. Other selling point for me, this company makes the VapoChill, so they've been in the cooling business for awhile, and should be around longer...

BTW, I would suggest you only cool the CPU and GPU. Chipset blocks for the most part are a waste of $, and just help decrease the cooldown of the liquid. If your northbridge is getting hot, a 40mm fan will do just as well...

Later....

yeh, i really onyl wanted the gpu you and cpu blocks, but they didnt offer that combo...only the gpu cpu and chipset...maybe i should do as you said and mix and match..but would this be more expensive?

that most be the biggest case i have ever seen..lol..nice setup..i have the same vga cooler

I got lucky finding it. Everyone seems to have gone small, I had to go bigger
for the dual Psu's.

I've seen an addon vga block from thermaltake for $30, talking with you has convinced
me to get it for my system and get rid of the addon vga fan.

I mainly wanted to show you how I'm running my radiator outside the case.
Even in this big case I didn't have room for it. Though if you have a 120mm fan grill
on the back of a case, you can mount it there too,sometimes on the inside.
Careful shopping could get you better prices, peicing it together like I did.

yeh, i will do so..and thanks for showing me becasue i know i will have a problem mounting my radiator..but they do offer a 80mm radiator, and i just might have to go with that one, even though the performance may decrease...after hours and hours of researching water cooling, i pretty much understand the process, except the tubing..i dont really understand how it goes to the vga, cpu..and chipset all from 2 tubes coming out of the pump..well thanks alot to all

Thats not too hard.
All that is happening is creating a "Loop".
Mine stars at the
1.cpu and goes to
2.radiator, from there to the
3.resivior, then to the
4.pump and back to the cpu.
To addin the vga cooler, I will
put it between the cpu and the radiator.

G'Luck

No, just cut it, it's soft plastic, in my case I may need a longer piece for the vga block.
Each cooling componant has 2 pipes or openings, like the cpu block for instance.
the tube from my pump goes on one side of the cpu block, then passes through
the cpu block to come out the other side and goes to the radiator and so on, creating a oneway loop.
The BigWater comes with terrible instructions but got it sorted out here on TS.

the waterchill has 3 pipe openings in the cpu block so i guess that is what confused me

twite said:
the waterchill has 3 pipe openings in the cpu block so i guess that is what confused me

The barb in the middle is the inlet, the other two are outlets, then Y into one line, and then would go to the videocard. Ckeck out www.asetek.com , support, manuals, and it has all the pics there. Should give you a better idea of what's involved...

Later....

i c..thanks....what do you think the difference in performance would be between a 120mm radiator and a 80mm? thanks

twite said:
i c..thanks....what do you think the difference in performance would be between a 120mm radiator and a 80mm? thanks

33% less cooling capicity with the 80mm Rad, and that's like night and day, especially if you're going to be cooling two units. Looked to me like you had room to mount a 120mm in the blowhole on the back of your case, or did it just appear to be a 120 hole?

Well, I was kinda worried about the psu getting in the way...I will do some measurments tommorow...im not sure if the radiator measures exactly 120mm..but if it is then their shouldn't be a problem..besides finding a place for the pump and resevoir...here are a couple pics of my comp...

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 5
Thats the little bro to my board, IC7-g! Solid MoBo's.
From what I can see in the first pic, your case will support 80mm-92mm-120mm.
You can mount the radiator on the outside same spot if not enuff room near
cpu.

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back