ASUS A7V333 support...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieChanIsGOD

Are there two versions of this mother board? Everytime i look for specs of this thing, i see a max of an AMD 2100 and an FSB of 266... but i always find this picture accompanying it... That is NOT my mobo... what's the deal?
I want to upgrade to an AMD 2500 and pop on a coolermaster aero 7... and overclock those babies... just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this situation... tell me stuff i need to know.
Thanks a bunch, to everyone that replies...

Maybe this is what you are looking for ...

Asus A7V333-X

or this ...

Asus A7V333

There does appear to be two versions, just as you say, though the model numbers are slightly different (A7V333 vs A7V333-X).

Dammit...
OK.. well, i guess it doesnt support 333fsb... i'm really pissed about that...
But it's still different than the picture of it...
I don't have the X... i wish i did... i have the regular one... but two ports are missing on mine... and the little black thingy at the bottom...

So i guess i'll have to go with a 2600...
How's this cpu for overclocking.. coupled with the aero 7?

These... I don't have these things...
What's the deal... anyone know?

AND... I dont have a chip to the left of the AGP slot...

I just saw that...
grrrrr....

Attachments

• a7v333_2.jpg
    a7v333_2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 5
Look at the model description on your mobo to find out exactly which version you have.

Can't help you with overclocking as I haven't tried myself yet (lack of mainboard oc features), though I will OC my next CPU. Try searching google using keyworks, such as 'overclock', 'athlon 2600', and A7V333. That's all I do when I need any info.

If you want to overclock on the cheap, try an Athlon XP 1700 while they are still available. Take a look on this page ...

Athlon XP 1700 JIUHB DLT3C

read the review over here ...

Athlon XP 1700 JIUHB

PS: The review site is currently down, so you'll need to try later.

Well i dunno...
I could buy the aero 7 and try and OC my 1800... is it worth getting a whole new processor? i think 2600s are 160 ... or something right?
hmm, lots of options i have... choose one of which, i do not know.

Its worth trying to overclock you current CPU first. Your success depends a lot on the core stepping of your CPU. Not all Athlon XP 1700's are good overclockers, and the same applies to the Athlon 1800. You'll just have to give it a go and see how far you get, or do some research on the web using google.

Yeah... well, i have been doing research, the same way you've suggested, for quite sometime now... and i found that the 2500 is probably the best overclocker... so i wanted that... i guess i'll buy the aero 7, and try and overclock my current cpu... and then if i wanna upgrade to the 2600 i can...

Thanks for your help bud...

Hey, I think I know your problem. If you got your mobo too early, you got the revision 1.2 or something like that. That one DOES NOT support the 333FSB. However, revision 2.0 DOES support the 333FSB. Lucky me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back