ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeX45

I have just purchased this mother board (ASUS A8N-SLI Premium) and placed 2 GB of ddr 400. It is running window XP pro and has 5 drives all together HD, 1 DVD-Rom, 1 CD-rom) and every time I plug my 80GB USB hard drive into the computer (both device and computer end have USB 2.0) it finds the drive but crashes every time I transfer stuff to the drive or from. I have used this drive on more than one computer and works fine, but when I put it in this computer it just messes up. I have reinstalled the OS twice and still the same problem. Has anyone see this before?

TypeX45 said:
I have just purchased this mother board (ASUS A8N-SLI Premium) and placed 2 GB of ddr 400. It is running window XP pro and has 5 drives all together HD, 1 DVD-Rom, 1 CD-rom) and every time I plug my 80GB USB hard drive into the computer (both device and computer end have USB 2.0) it finds the drive but crashes every time I transfer stuff to the drive or from. I have used this drive on more than one computer and works fine, but when I put it in this computer it just messes up. I have reinstalled the OS twice and still the same problem. Has anyone see this before?

sound like you plugged USB lines in wrong order... make sure you plugged into this?

USB3 or USB4 ::::.

The first four pin at bottom is for the first USB port and the top one is for second USB port. please pull the USB and plug exactly i stated... Let start with the first pin at bottom left of _ ::::.

Bottom line is . VCC 1 (red), DATA-1 (White), DATA+1 (Green) and GND 1 (black). Do same for the second line. you can find it on the manual.

Edited: Make sure you put DVD in master and CD on slave. The HDD should be same.

I don' think thats it because I tried plugging the device in the on board usb 2.0 as well.

Did you build the computer yourself or you let someone do it? If you build it... i suggest you to redo the USB. If someone build it for you, have it serviced.

I built it but there are on board usb slots. Like connected to the mother board which were never wired by me. They have the same problems

Ten four good buddy that is what I thought I was going to have to do, but you know always want to get a second opinion. Thanks

Hum, I don't think that all the usb ports would not work. If this is a problem (obvously) you might want to save you're money and buy a new motherboard.

Or try to return you're current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back