Asus A8V Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus A8V Deluxe with an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ 1802 Mhz

I was wondering if I upgraded to AMD A64 4800+ AM2 X2 BOX 65W would make much of a difference. I have been adding a few things lately, ie new tv tuner, 2 more hard drives and 2 more Gigs of ram and it seems slower. I think this is the highest processor I can go with this board.

If it won't make much of a difference I would rather wait and get a whole new system in a few months. I can get the processor for $109.00 here in Canada

Thanks

the problem i see is the motherboard you have is socket 939 which will not take an am2 cpu they make a 4800 x2 for 939 pin but i think there pretty expensive man on ebay they go for over $250. There are faster single core cpus you could find but i say hold the money you have and wait till you can upgrade alot more.

what is a psu? I have AGP graphics so I woud have to change that and I have been using the same case for many years, I need a new case with USB on the front. I have never ordered computer parts on line but I am willing to start if these are better deals. Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back