Asus barebones t-m2nc51pv lan internet connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpalmer

Hi,

I'm having serious problems connecting my asus system to a lan modem for internet connection. Its a completely new install on xp, I've installed the ethernet drivers for the nforce chipset that came with the system and i'm able to get the lan connected but internet is failing. I've followed best practice by turning of pc waiting for cable connection packets are being sent but none recieved.

When i try repairing the connection it fails at aquiring ip address yet if i do ipconfig i have been given an ip address. I never had any of these problems connecting up previous system - wtf is going on? The modem is a webstar epc2100. Is it possible there is a hardware conflict or something? Do i need to upgrade firmware on the modem? Any help much appreciated

Try installing a PCI network card, and don't forget to disable the on-board NIC (Network Adapter) in the bios

I thought about that but why should i have do to do it? Are there common problems with onboard nic's which are causing my internet connection to fail? Is my mobo faulty? I don't really want to go this route unless i absolutely really have to because the mobo is micro atx format with only 1 pci slot, cheers

You can also go with a USB based NIC connection. I just lost my on-board NIC from a series of power outages in the last 2 weeks. It will sense the cable connection but it will not allow connection to the Internet. A PCI NIC restored my Internet connection. I have 3 PCI slots

i installed a pci network card and internet works fine now! what's with onboard network options not working? I vaguely remember having similar problems years ago and it was again all down to onboard network then . grrr. Anyway, all working now, if i need to add devices in future i'll have to go your suggested usb route, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back