Asus' bezel-eliminating monitor kit is finally available to purchase

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Bottom line: While slightly dimmer than the actual screen, it is said to be less distracting than the seams created when two bezels are next to each other. Best yet, they are completely passive, meaning you won’t need to run any unsightly wires or consume any extra electricity to use them.

Asus at CES 2018 showcased a unique monitor accessory that manipulated light to help eliminate ugly bezels when utilizing a multi-monitor setup. Now more than two years later, the add-on is available to purchase.

The Asus ROG Bezel-Free Kit is compatible with flat monitors under 27 inches that utilize a four-sided frameless or slim-bezel design (13mm or smaller). The kit features lenses made of transparent thermoplastic that is more durable than glass, letting 90 percent of the light from the monitors shine through.

Asus said you may need to adjust the position of your monitors to achieve the best visual performance (they are designed to work at a 130 degree angle). What’s more, the company said the accessory is designed specifically for gaming and is not recommended for general computing tasks like surfing the web or working with spreadsheets.

The Asus ROG Bezel-Free Kit is available from writing over on Amazon priced at $109 for a set of two. It may be best to wait for third-party reviews, however, as early Amazon reviews don't look all that promising.

Permalink to story.

Interesting, but I think they will have a lot more success selling as preexisting on gaming monitors, particularly with those sold in groups of 2 or more .....

There are monitors with far thinner bezels, not ASUS tho, so maybe just get those, or get the ultra wide 37" and avoid paying $200 for smudged plastic lenses.

Taking a moment to thank capitalism while it lasts for such niche products of innovation even though 99.99% of people don't need it. Because life is not one size fits all.

I use a multi-monitor setup with one of my gaming systems and this is a hard pass for me for one major reason, I don't really focus on the outside monitors that much when I play games.

The outside monitors are there to fill in our peripheral vision, not to actually focus on during game play. If I see motion in my peripheral vision I don't turn my head and actually look at the side monitor it's on. I use the mouse to turn my focus so that it brings that field of vision onto my center monitor.

For that reason alone the bezels are much less distracting than non multi-monitor users would realize. Truth is, I don't even notice that they're there after the first couple of minutes. So this product isn't really necessary IMHO, and would just end up in the closet with all the other "gimmicks" I've bought over the years.

The fact that you have to have your monitors at a specific angle and then it’s still not a crystal clear picture makes it baffling to me why anyone would buy this.

I know a 49” UW screen ain’t cheap but there’s your real solution.

The fact that you have to have your monitors at a specific angle and then it’s still not a crystal clear picture makes it baffling to me why anyone would buy this.

I know a 49” UW screen ain’t cheap but there’s your real solution.
The Samsung 1st gen 1080p super ultrawide costs around $849 and 2nd gen 1440p drops to $1099 at times. When you factor in similar 144hz 1080p x3 monitors or 1440p x3 monitors plus Asus kit it actually comes close.

Back