Asus M2N-E SLI Audio Problem - Popping/Crackling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.
Basically after about 20-30 minutes roughly my audio just craps out and starts making popping and crackling noises that get progressivly worse until I go into the Cmedia control panel and click S/PDIF and it fixes it for another 30 minutes and then it starts again, so I have to click the same button, And so forth.

This is such a pain. I've tried re-installing the drivers and all other common solutions. I had no problem with the previous drivers, but they didnt support mic so I had to install the newest ones, which have been giving me this problem for the past year or so.

If anyone can help me, it'd be the biggest help.

Thanks.

i got the same problem only it happens when i use my xbox 360 controller. i ended up ripping the sound card out of an old dell and sticking in finding some modded drivers compatible with vista for it and now im fine. NEVER EVER get a cmedia product. they have NO TECH SUPPORT whatsoever, other than the comunity support forums which noone from CMEDIA themselves uses.

i whish i could help but i cant. until there is a fix, i suggest sound blaster.

Im using Win XP. I was thinking about just buying a new souncard and its onboard so I had no choice as to which audio chip I got. -.- But I dont want to spend the money, so I guess ill put up with it for the meanwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back