Asus RAID

Hey all,

Am in a little bit of a pickle here. Had a machine running the Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard. Well as it goes my Southbridge chipset fan died and as a result, my PC dies as well.. My issue is I was running my Hard Disks in a raid configuration (Stripping), but unless I can get a replacement board, or this one fixed (both unlikely). I do not have any idea how to get my data off these disks. Was hoping someone might have a creative way for me to do this, though I think I am just SOL.

Cheers and thanks,

Phil

Hey all,

Am in a little bit of a pickle here. Had a machine running the Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard. Well as it goes my Southbridge chipset fan died and as a result, my PC dies as well.. My issue is I was running my Hard Disks in a raid configuration (Stripping), but unless I can get a replacement board, or this one fixed (both unlikely). I do not have any idea how to get my data off these disks. Was hoping someone might have a creative way for me to do this, though I think I am just SOL.

Cheers and thanks,

Phil

You need to plug those drives into another computer with RAID 0 configuration. The configuration must be the same as before or it won't work. You need a motherboard that uses the same RAID ROM as your old motherboard though.Then take the data off the drives.

Back