Asus shows off "world's fastest" GPU at Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Asus is showcasing a dual-GPU monstrosity over at Computex today which the company proudly claims is the world’s fastest graphics card – and they are prepared to back those claims up. Dubbed Asus Mars 295 Limited Edition, this beast features two GeForce 285 circuit boards housed inside a sweet looking cooling sleeve with eight heatpipes, and is clocked up for a 21 percent boost in performance over a reference GTX 295 board.

Specifically the card’s core clock runs at 648MHz, increased from 576MHz on a reference card, and its stream processors at 1,476MHz; up from 1,242MHz. Asus’ design features 4GB of 512-bit GDDR3 memory which also runs considerably faster at 2,400MHz. To show what the card is capable of, the company doubled a pair up in a test system and was able to run Far Cry 2 smoothly at a staggering 3,840 x 2,160 resolution with all the eye candy on. Benchmark fans may also be interested to know that the card scores 11,292 in 3DMark Vantage.

No pricing details were made available but, of course, this will be a limited edition card with only 1,000 units expected to ship, so expect them to sell for a nice premium.

Permalink to story.

LOL...yeah, either that or a car muffler.

So my guess is this will run $1,500.

Wow...almost causes a little shifting in my pants. However, I'd agree with Tom about it probably being a 4 digit cost...if I bought that, I'd definately be in dutch with the wife. "That's a months worth of groceries..." blah blah blah.

Can't see it as being a mainstream card though, nothing really needs that kind of juice (for the average or even mildly gaming enthusiast user).

HAHA @ ColdFusion1990 so true....

To my disipointment when I see stuff like this it pisses me off ''In a way'', so if Nvidia or ATI decides to bring out a new ''Graphic Cards'' the specs have to top these, or ells it's nothing new..

/Sigh... The competition is tuff these days!!

actually the 295 is a combo of 2 275 gpus with sightly faster clocks. this is a combo of 2 faster 285 gpus, thus its super awesome! and will make you have to take a second mortgage out of your house to buy one.

anyone know the official res passed 2560x1600? Is it the res they were using during that show?

Already saw this on some other site. Seriously, the mere awesomeness of how it looks like...like the clip of a really large gun. The clip needs cooling because the ammo dispenses are high speeds!!
Yeah this is a great card for gaming and rendering alike, Good work ASUS! You've made me happy with your incredible RAGE series mATX motherboards and now this. :D

And like all Nvidia cards flame on burn till you die!! Don't trust Nvidia until they fix the problems

nice VHS suitable for the long cold winter days... around north pole

THIS CARD LOOKS COOL!!!
THIS MONSTER CAN RUN ANY GAME AT HIGH RESOLUTION!!!
GOT TO PLAY CRYSIS WITH THAT CARD WITH 16X AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back