Asus Striker Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

Hi all, in a few days i will be buying the asus striker extreme motherboard. I have heard great things about this board. But there has been compatabilty issuses with ram and such. I am planning to spend £300 on new pc stuff that is the asus board and a q6600 cpu but what ram do i need for my asus board?

Or is the asus really worth it? I heard that the ASUS P5N-E SLI 650 was getting around the same performace in games and thats all i need really and its half the price some suggestions would be great ty :D

Nice one Zeno, :D many thanks im gonna go with 4GB corsair xms2 ddr2 6400c4 memory will post some test results when my new stuff comes :D ty

make sure if you are getting 4gb that you get 2x2gb sticks. the board doesn't like 4 sticks of ram without increasing the nb voltage. Do you plan on overclocking the q6600? if so it's not the best board for that; it's much better with the dual cores in that regard.

i was going to buy 4 sticks of 1gb i was going to overclock my q6600 in a few months so are you saying the striker isnt best? can you name a board in that price range?

Ah thanks mica i have decided to go for the Asus striker 2 formula 780i mobo it basically an asus striker 2 extreme but the new asus striker extreme 2 has ddr3 the one im getting is the ddr 2 version lol. I was thinking that my 8800 gtx was not going to be compatable with the striker 2 formula because it has pcie 2.0 slots . But Zenosincks says it will work fine in a pcie 2.0 slot so that is what board i am going for and ill post some pics when i get it all setup ;) cya all cheers for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back