Asus T101MT convertible tablet netbook gets official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Just before Christmas, the FCC was spotted with Asus' Eee PC T101MT convertible touchscreen netbook, but few details were available at the time. The Taiwanese PC-maker has now listed the system on its site, with specifications including a 10.1-inch LED-backlit resistive multitouch 1024x600 display, an Intel Atom N450, 1GB or 2GB of DDR2 RAM, and a 160GB or 320GB HDD along with 500GB of Asus WebStorage (free for a year).

The Eee PC T101MT also features a webcam and mic, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Ethernet, VGA-out, three USB 2.0 ports, a multicard reader, headphone and mic jacks, up to 6.5 hours of battery life, and has Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, or Home Premium preinstalled. Although the device has a product page, Asus hasn't specified a price or release date, but it will eventually hit shelves in white or black.

Permalink to story.

I'm still going to probably buy the HP Touchsmart tm2. It's a new notebook tablet, meaning it has a Core 2 Duo CPU, more RAM and HDD, capacitive multi-touch LCD, and a few more inches of space :p

It costs about $900 or $1000, which although is more than netbooks, it's still worth it.

You cannot compare HP's Touchsmart with this one. HP's weighs almost twice this one which is heavy. Any manufacturer could build an all round product in that weight-range. A 2.2Kg cannot be used as a tablet so HP Touchsmart is failure in this competition. It still can be used when you want to put on a desk.

I just mailed the HP tm2 back.. it was too big and heavy.. My 10" acer netbook has spoiled me. BRING ON THE T101MT!!

The Eee T101MT is already on sale at qbitonline. It is priced at about US$580. The only drawback is that it is only available in Chinese, but at least it has worldwide warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back