Asus z78-c won't power on

I have an Asus z78-c with a haswell i5 chip, 16gb ram and a 700w psu.
The problem is this: several months ago I snagged a monitor a friend wasn't using. It has a built in Webcam and when I hooked it up the machine did nothing when I hit the lower button. At times I would try to spin the fans, case, psu, cpu (I don't know if gpu) but didn't have enough juice to keep the fan leds lit or fans spinning--essentially a brown out. When I unplugged the Webcam USB everything worked.

Yesterday I got new ram. Sam problem showed up. I also noticed that even with the board fully unplugged the power indicator led on the board stayed lit for 20+ minutes. I held down the power button, manually jumped the power switch pins on the board, no effect.

I took everything but the Cpu out of the case/off the mobo and reconnected it. Led eventually went out. Computer started.

Today. I was trying to troubleshoot using a friends old machine he wasn't using. I put the gpu from machine 2 in. Computer won't power on. Indicator led won't go off.

The board isn't making contact with anything behind it so no short there. Caps on the board going bad? Psu going bad? I'm at a loss.

Back