AT&T unleashes solar-powered phone chargers into New York parks

David Tom

TS Addict
Mobile users know the feeling all too well; the desperation that accompanies the last few minutes of a fleeting charge on their smartphone. With capabilities such as music, games, and internet browsing all stemming from a single handheld device, battery...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52938-att-unleashes-solar-powered-phone-chargers-into-new-york-parks.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Skidmarksdeluxe

TS Evangelist
How exciting. Now you can spend the whole day in the park, in the rain & snow watching your phones battery charge. Not to mention coming to blows with some thief who wants to make off with your phone.
P.S. Apple users probably won't have to deal with the ramifications of my last comment.

G

Vandalism.. an easy way to steal phones.. *clapping away like a monkey with cymbals*

Ean Mogg

TS Booster
I just don't understand phone companys ,,don't they realize the whole back of the phone is unused,,, Put A Solar Panel There On The Back ffs..

cliffordcooley

TS Redneck
For the record, I don't think it's a dumb idea. The stations can be used for charging more than just cell phones. If the stations had been put in low traffic areas, then may be that would be a different story. They were put in high traffic areas, and I'm willing to bet they are under surveillance.

G

Yes! Now I can sit in the park and use my phone drinking a my Big Gulp Sod--Ah never mind. Its New York.