Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I have a Acer Aspire 3680-2576. My wireless internet does not work unless I have a USB thing plugged in so that I get wireless internet. In device manage -> Network adapters, theres Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter and it has a yellow circle with a black exclamation mark in it, and I goto properties it says under " Device status " This device cannot start. (Code 10).
I have done troubleshoot and it says to uninstall and re-install it and I have and it still does not work so trouble shoot has no use to me. The device is enabled but still does not work. My computer is suppose to be Windows Vista Basic but I made it Windows XP Professional just because I like it better than vista.

Can you tell me how to fix the problem so I don't need to plug in anything just turn the switch in the front so it works, please I really want it to work.

Thanks,
Poppy

You will have to go back to the Acer website and see if there is an XP driver available for your laptop. If not, you will have to learn to live with the USB wireless adapter

Yes under Vista the Atheros AR5006X may just come back to life. Be sure to download and install all 91+ Vista updates after reinstalling Vista. So many people complain about Vista without giving it a chance. With the release of Vista Service Pack 1, Vista is running much smoother on most hardware configurations now

So when I go buy the disk for windows basic again, I gota goto that post fix thing for vista, download whatever it says or do than it should work again?

The issue will be that Vista SP1 will ONLY load drivers that are "Signed".

If your driver is signed, then all will be ok; if unsigned, your dead!

Your complaint is not against Microsoft (oh my, did I say this?), but with the vendor of your equipment.

Hmm I dont know if its signed or not lol have to ask who I bought it off of
If I installed a different wireless driver thing would it work then instead of Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter?

Found the solution to ATHEROS AX5006x driver issues on VISTA

Hi,

I got a new Compaq c773tu model and I installed Vista Ultimate in it. My wireless adapter was not getting installed properly and I had to use my LAN cable all the time.

After struggling for few days, i mangaged to get the driver working. Though Vista detects the driver automatically it fails to install and was giving an error code 10.

After un-installing the existing driver, I went to hp support site and downloaded the Atheros driver fix (20MB size approx)

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-62508-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Vista automatically detected and installed the driver again and Volia am on the Wireless network now.

Am not sure how this would help non Compaq /HP users, but check if your provider has got any solution.

Cheers
Karthik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back