ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon scheduler problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

I have the All-in-Wonder Radeon and when I use the Guide+ feature of it to record or just watch a show, lately it has been giving me an illegal error. It says it cannot initialize the video and has performed an illegal error. The scheduler is running, but it just won't initialize. I have upgraded Guide+, and am thinking that might be the problem, but I'm not sure. Was wondering if anyone else has this problem?????

I also upgraded my ati tv software. But have uninstalled and reinstalled that, as well as the Guide+ stuff.

I've never been able to get those apps to work right for me and the Guide+ has never worked on my machine, though mine is an older version, not the Radeon(just the TV wonder capture and tuner). MS said it is an issue with the software and XP, ATI says that it is my video card and I should get an ATI card. I'm not sure what it is but I fixed it by using PowerVCR instead to watch, schedule and record shows, as well as capture video from my camcorder. It has more features than the ATI stuff does and it works great, it also includes PowerDVD.

Hrmmm...I might have to check that out. Does it inclued all the same things that Guide+ had as far as show names and so forth that are on?

I am going to research it right now.

No, I don't think it includes anything with the TV listings or the show names, if so I can't find it. What it does have is more recording options.

I would use this, but it costs too much money, I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I have just uninstalled everythign that has to do with ATI, except the drivers, and reinstalled. Yet still nothing works. I have only 1 other thing I can do and that is revert back to a previous version of all the components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back