ATI Mobility M6 - No colour on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a Fujitsu Lifebook C Series, Win XP Po with an ATI Mobility M6 display adapter. I have recently connected my laptop to my TV (which is PAL) via a S-Video link and was partly sucessful in doing so.

I was able to get a clear image on the TV screen after I had changed the output from NTSC to PAL. However, I am still getting just a black and white image on the TV.

Does anybody know if I have missed something or have any suggestions on what I should do?

Please help!

Regards,
Chris

There are many versions of the PAL system. Which version are you using, and what country are you in?

It could simply be the Fujitsu version of the ATI drivers doesn't have handy adjustments for SVideo vs. Composite output? Do you have anything in the Advanced Display Properties that also allows you to choose composite vs. svideo?

You ARE using svideo to svideo, correct? And not an svideo to composite (single RCA style jack) converter?

If all else fails, you might want to try some more modern ATI drivers. You should be able to use true-blue ATI Catalyst drivers from ati.com if you also pick-up and use Mobility Modder (do a web search for mobility modder- as this allows you to use ATI Catalyst drivers with mobility chipsets).

Good luck!

I live in Australia, and I did try changing the PAL type to see if it made a difference. But just to be sure, what would be the standard in Australia?

Im fairly sure that its PAL in australia
My only suggestion is based on the problem that i had with that on my desktop i solved this by finding the latest drivers from ati's website(ati.com) and that seemed to fix the problem
Good Luck and welcome to techspot
EDIT: By the way im refering to the Catalyst Drivers im not sure what it would be for that type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back