ATI RADEON 9250 & Intelr Extreme Graphics Driver [Dual Monitors]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm seeking help to setup dual monitors with my new ATI RADEON 9250 from NewEgg. I have an AOPEN motherboard with an onboard graphics card (Intelr Extreme Graphics Driver 6.13.01.3510). I came upon this thread and I saw he had trouble installing his ATI card. I read that, and I went to Device Manager and I disabled the Intel controller. Then I shut off my computer and installed my ATI card without any problems. I booted up the computer and installed the drivers successfully. But I had one problem - dual monitors. I wanted to set up one monitor hooked up to my onboard intel card and one monitor to my ATI card. When I clicked properties on my desktop > settings, under the display I saw *screenshot 1* (attachment) I was hoping to see Intel and ATI but instead I saw 2 ATI. Now I know that on the ATI card theres a secondary plug for a second monitor but you need an adapter to it. The adapter would be my second way out, the first way out is to set up the second monitor to the Intel onboard card. When I went to device manager, I only saw 2 ATIs, the Intel disappeared. I tried installing drivers again but it gave me an error.. *screenshot 2* shows what I just said.

err attachment wont work..

tbui said:
I went to Device Manager and I disabled the Intel controller. Then I shut off my computer and installed my ATI card without any problems. I booted up the computer and installed the drivers successfully. But I had one problem - dual monitors. I wanted to set up one monitor hooked up to my onboard intel card and one monitor to my ATI card.
Well, you won't get a picture out of a disabled video controller.

I would certainly recommend getting an adapter because I think using a single video card will help keep things simple. :)

VGA to DVI adapters almost always come with the video card, but if you need to buy one seperately, they shouldn't sell for over $10.

Hello,

I have got the same problem with my ati radeon and the integrated intel card. The ati works but windows sees two ati cards. And if i test the ati card if it is calculating it self i see that the card doesnt calculate at 128mb but on 32mb. So i think that the intel onboard is still calculating instead of the ati. Even if i turned the intel off in the bios.

Does anyone have an idea?

Hi dkoster01,

you might want to check out the new radeo Omega Driver with the latest catalist.
Myself, i 've got a dell 8400 with a x300, and i didn't want to get the dell driver.
Installed the omega, which works on ALL radeons. It includes an overclocking tool, and much much more.

It even has a soft mod profile for some radeon cards. Which can be chosen at installation. I chose normal install for my card, of course.
I have to say it works flawless with my card. Gets more out of my
x300 se.( about 10 fps more when clocked over).

Be sure to uninstall everything else (ati control panel, catalist control center and other stuff).
And when installed make sure, you don't install anything else.
But there's no need to since this driver will make you smile :slurp:
no issues.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

Let me know what you think,

Grtz,
Charp

Hi charp,

Well the driver works fine! it has numerous more options than the original. But the card doesn't uses the 128mb of it's one. I think it has something to do with the onboard video card. But i am still not sure what?!
When i test the card and compare it with a radeon7500 (witch has 64mb) it seems that my radeon 9500 128mb pci works on the speed of an 32mb card.
So i hope someone has the same problem and solved it, so that he can explain it.

Please help,
Dkoster01

proof

Here is some proof. Maybe it helps to come up with some ideas :D

Attachments

• naamloos.JPG
    naamloos.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi dkoster,

looks like the system's asking for a driver.
Would it help running all native drivers again
for the integrated graphics? (That came with the mobo?)

Are you sure configuration is ok, like all advanced settings
adapter settings, display? In the Bios is there a 'peg' link to choose from?

Can't you just turn it off in device manager?
furtheron what kind of pc do you have?

Grtz,
charp :giddy:

Hi charp,

Well i have this system:
Case= http://www.rechenform.de/leerformen/cubit3.htm
Mainboard= Migrus Mini Itx (M4-845Q)(INTEL i845GV Chipset,S-478)
HDD= Ibm 200gig 7200rpm
Video card=Club 3d ATI 9250 PCI 128MB
CPU= Pentium 2.8Mhz 533Fsb
Mem= 512mb 333mhz

But the problem is, there is no decend site of this mainboard. So i can't find bios updates etc.
In the Bios is there a 'peg' link to choose from?
What do you mean with this?
And i can turn of the intel onboard videocard but it changes nothing. the ATI card does stil work at 32mb.
And i tryed all the native drivers, but with same results. :(

Greetzz,
dkoster01

Hi dkoster,

i've googled for the 845gv chipset,
what i found is that IEgraphics on your board should atleast run at 64 bit,
When enough system mem is installed. (over 256mb)
'peg' option in bios is a default setting for pci E cards, since i have
a 925x chip, it may not be there in your bios.

are you sure you have Pci?, Agp, pci E?
My x300se is a pci Express with latency 16, for this
you can look in general settings of ati tray tools.

what is your supported latency?
Maybe higher latencies are not supported?

Native pci slots are slow. I Don't think your mobo has pci Express.
So option for fastest visual performance would be a graphics card on
agp architecture, i think. A friend of mine has a s487, there
are 3 or 4 pci locks and an agp. (no pci E)
The card she has is a fx5200 on AGP!
Would be sad if you bought the wrong card for your system. :rolleyes:

Here's a link to a similar chipset, and says that AGP is unsupported with the
i845gv chip. I've read this in more reviews.
It looks like your mobo isn't upgradeable att all what graphics concerned.

http://www3.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/article.php/2691_2174521__1

Have you bought the radeon recently?
Before that, you only had integrated graphs?
Has the radeon been working before?

By the way? Are you from Holland? :giddy:

Hi charp,

WEHeh yea i am from holland. How can you tell? Is my writing that bad? :eek:
Well the problem i have is that my main board is the smaller version of the normal boards. It is a mini itx (17cmx17cm) so there for it has less space for slots. I use it as media center.
I bought the radeon 9250PCI 128mb a month ago i think. But the reason that is choose for a PCI and not a agp is the lack of slots. (1pci slot) i can expand this by using a razor card.
But the weardes thing is that tha card it self works. Only not at the 128mb. so i think it is still using the intel.
And i searched internet and i saw that there are meny people with this problem, but no solution. :mad:

greetzz,
dkoster01

Hi dkoster,

no your writing ain't bad,
i'm from Holland and happen to know someone
called Daniel Koster, so that's why i asked.
I've edited my last post to you, added a review of a system,
with a similar chipset.
Here's the link:

http://www3.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/article.php/2691_2174521__1

I have the impression your mobo doesn't support the bus speeds for
the radeon. ( simply 'cause it's designed for integrated graphs)

Grtz,
charp

Well..... Thanks for the link. It doesn't seem very good if i read that. But i won't give up and give it a try. If i succeed i'll let you know!

Thanks

Hi dkoster,

goodluck, with it.
I'll get into it some more,
after all it would be nice to get the radeon working.
Theremust be some way.

I'll let you know what i find.

Grtz,
charp :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back