ATI Visiontek Radeon 3870 Crossfire Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagglfar

I've purchased two Visiontek HD 3870s a while back. I want to enable crossfire on them. In the past I enabled crossfire, then it asked me to do a restart. Ever since, one of the cards has been giving me problems. Under device manager, the computer recognizes 2 Radeon 3870s.

I also have 2 crossfire cables (one for each card). I called the guys at tech support, and they said that I need one cable per card. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a certain way the crossfire cable needs to be inserted onto the card (it seems like you just push them in and they're good to go). Like I said, the crossfirex option was available in the past, but ever since that system restart, the option is no longer available. This includes uninstalling and reinstalling the video software, and to no avail.

My PC specs exceed the requirements for this configuration:
-intel i7 920 processor @ 2.67 GHz (8 logical cores)
-2 x ATI Visiontek Radeon HD 3870s - 512 MB GDDR4 memory w/ 2 crossfire cables
-3 GB DDR3 Triple channel memory
-windows xp pro
-850 W Power supply
-intel proboards motherboard (said it was crossfire/sli ready)

Help on this issue would be a godsend. I've had these 2 cards lying around for months. I've had to use my geforce 9800 gt in the mean time while I learn to fix this problem.

Best regards

well first of all 2 3870 cards would not perform that great in the first place in crossfire. why not sell them and get like 1 4870 and call t a day. you can get a 4870 at newegg.com for $149 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back