Audigy 2 sound card connection to Inspire 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a complete novice and so I hope somene out there can help me. Just bought the inspire 5500 second hand. Trying to run it through my internal audigy 2 sound card is proving a challenge to say the least. I assume I've got the wiring wrong as I'm getting no sound out of the speakers at all. I dont have a manual for the audigy 2 for the speakers and so connecting them so far has been guess work. Does anyone have a manual or know where i can download the manual for the speakers and the sound card?
Could you lay out some simple step by step setup instructions for me or post a linkl that i can follw?

Please help!

inspire 5500 connection to audigy 2 internal soundcard

Thanks for your response Lookinaround. I have checked the sound card and it appears fine. Howver at the moment I'm not getting a squeak out of any of my 5.1's.

I'm wondering whether its the speakers or me thats the problem. If you have any other suggestions please advise.

Please follow instructions below will help give me some more info

• Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Generate a DirectX report
TechSpot might require you have five posts until you can actually attach a file (per below). If this is the case, you might try looking through the file for the section labeled System Devices and just copy/paste the System Device data you see (i.e. you'll see under System Devices all those odd looking strings starting PCI\ and USB\ among possibly other string devices as well
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back