Audigy..... no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

josbd

I have just installed an original Creative SB Audigy sound card. System is based on an AS Rock board, pc is running W2K Pro, and the speakers are Creative Itrigue 2.1.

Everything is wired up correctly (tho it might help to have an idiocy level 1 guide, just in case!) and the system and speakers were running happily on a different card beforehand. No sound. Device Manager seems perfectly happy with no little question marks etc..

Any troubleshooting help would be much appreciated!

Cheers! :D

i do believe i had your exact same problem when i installed my audigy card. go to volume controls in your taskbar, play conrol, advanced and TURN OFF DIGITAL OUTPUT ONLY. for some reason this is the default setting for audigy cards. hope it helps.

OK, went to "surround mixer" and found the Digital output only had in fact been ticked, but there is still no sound.

Thanks for your advice tho! Am just wondering whether I have set it up correctly....... tho I cannot see that I can poss have got it wrong!

did u run the creative diagnostics program yet? might help but probably not. also, creative has excellent email support. they give you like 30 different things you can do to solve a problem. finally on their site they have all the drivers, etc.
umm maybe your speakers are hooked up to the wrong jack??? try messing around wit it. k bye

Sorted. Uninstalled the card, put it in another PCI slot.. bingo. Dodgy slot, so to speak!

Many thanks indeed for your help mate! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back