Audio Problem, very low volume in 1 speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I suppose like a lot of forum newbees, I found this site and registered because I have a problem.

I'm getting a very very low volume out of the right channel/speaker. This issue started with a hard drive problem where my MBR and Partition Table was corrupted. I got a new hard drive, ghosted a saved winxp system partition image onto the drive and I was ready to go, except my right speaker volume was extremely low.

Some other info is that my left speaker had gone out a while back but the right continued to work fine. This was a definitely a speaker problem. After the hard drive problem that right speaker volume was very low even at max volume and it had been fine before. I was suspecting a driver issue, but my ghost image should have had the correct drivers.

I loaded the most recent Realtek AC'97 drivers, but no change. I had been wanting to get new speakers anyway so I bought some Logitech Z-10 speakers with both standard and USB connections. I thought that maybe my problem was the onboard integrated audio and my perception was that USB would bypass that integrated audio, so I thought maybe that if it was an integrated audio then the USB would work. Well no luck the left channels is great and the right channel sucks with both the USB and traditional plug, and I know the speakers are fine because they sound great connected to my laptop.

So back to the drawing board. I thought about getting a sound card, but if my understanding that USB bypasses the sound card is correct, then that won't help.

Any help is appreciated.

Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back