Audio problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese monkey

Sent my computer back for repair 2.5 months ago! just got it back with a new motherboard msi 945p/945pl (not sure which) and cant get my speakers to work properly.

I have a creative inspire t6100 5.1 speakers using the on board audio and can only get two of the speaker sets working. ie if the front speakers and sub/centre wrk then the rears dont. or the rear and front work but the centre/sub doesnt.

ive tried different ways of plugging them in but have no idea what making them work and then not work.

Please help some one its driving me mad, and i daren't send it back for another 3 months.

Download an install the Creative Inspire t6100 drivers. Usually what you describe is caused by incorrect drivers, or the total lack of them.
What do you see when you go to the Device Manager. Any yellow or red flags where sound or audio is concerned? (Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager)
Read and follow exactly the installation instructions that come with the drivers.

have no inspire t6100 drivers they just came as speakers

drivers supplied with new motherboard i've installed.

no red/yellow flags in the device manager says device is working fine. update drivers shows that no update is needed.

However the cd supplied came with two install options
realtec ac97 audio driver
realtek hd audio driver

ac97 wouldnt install but hd did.. windows says all drivers are fine though.?

when i try to install ac97 drivers vista just keeps coming back with "can't verify publisher of this driver"
I have the option to install them anyway, but then i keep getting same message back about a minute later untill i click dont install.

is this the problem? as ive said the hd drivers installed ok

a novice answer look in control panel at the sounds and audio devices, click it and see what kind of speakers it says u have, u can click the arrow and change the speakers to what ever u have.

then follow the instructions up above, an if that does not work get a new sound card. a new driver will probably work but u will have to have the right driver for that MB.

dont mean to sound stupid but i dont have any instructions.
cant afford to just buy a new soundcard? any ideas how i can fix the one ive got?

thanks in advance?

Help?

Someone must no what im doing wrong. its getting to the stage where i'm just gonna throw the thing in a hedge and get a walkman, a gameboy and a typewriter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back