Audio services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo,

Need help with audio services problem. Have tried audiosrv.dll copy and also services.msc to restart audio services, all to no avail. Also tried the dependencies approach for audio services. Any help and ideas greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Al

Yo,

By audio services, I mean that from the run command I enter services.msc and look at AudioSrv. When I try to start it , I get an error message that It can't be started on the local computer error 2 the system can not find the file specified.

Thx,
Al

what is it, your soundcard? goto start>control panal if you see a blue screen with only general choices, goto the top left of the window and hit "switch to classic view" then goto the system icon>hardware tab>device manager and see if there are any ! surrounded in yellow listed.

sound card

Hi,

This is a Dell Dimension 2400 with XP that I'm attempting to fix for an elderly neighbor because they have no sound. I removed the Bios battery (for 2 days) to restore the default Bios setting but that didn't help. The bios shows that the sound is enabled. The device manager shows a Other device with a red x on the multimedia audio controller (which is on the motherboard) which is red x'ed because I disabled it. I installed a new PCI multi channel sound card from Startech which the device manager shows as OK. The reason that I disabled the multimedia audio controller is because it would not install properly and I don't have any dell system restore CD's or any dell driver CD's or dell application restore CD's.

Thx,
Al

that could be why its not working to begin with. alot of time the onboard audio not only controls the speaker out jack, but whatever aftermarket sc u decide to install. right click on the multimedia audio controler, (the red x) click uninstal, then restart and see if it detects. if it doesnt, open the side of the case and look at the square chips on the board, one should say "via", or "sis" or something simular. then u just goto the manufactures website and dl the drivers from them. although dell makes the pc, they dont make the board, they are manufactured for dell by various companies, such as sis or via. if u open the case, somewhere on the board through all the wireing should be the boards number, usually in larger white print. if the above does not work, post that info here.

P.S. instead of unpluging the battery, there is a small 3 pronged jumper on the board near the battery, if u remove the jumper frome one setting to the other, it clears the bios, which isnt recommended in all except the most desperate times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back