Audio skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwingz

Im not sure if anyone else has ever had this happen to them but i cant seem to find it anywhere on the net. my audio/video from any playback will skip if there is anything loading on my computer at all. i have a dual core 2.7ghz processor so it shouldnt be having these problems. the cpu usage doesn't even get that high. I have 4 gigs of ram so I dont think its that either. im using the on-board audio and my mobo is a asus m2n-sli deluxe green motherboard and it is fairly new with 7.1 audio. It doesnt say im missing any drivers and I cant figure this out. its getting rather annoying though. the other issue is that when I hit play or stop on any player it takes about 8 seconds to start or stop the music and I think that maybe part of my problem as well. any ideas?

edit: I did read something where someone was able to increase the priority of audio on his system although he was using linux, is there something like that, that could be holding my audio back?

You could try reinstalling your audio drivers from ASUS support site using your motherboards model number. A malware infection can be active here too

Go ahead and check/reinstall your drivers. To check for any driver errors
  • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?

In addition, see [post=740905]this post[/post] to keep an eye on CPU usage, disk I/O and paging (You have 4gb RAM, how size is your virtual memory??) If you have alot of disk, reset VM where min and max size are equal and choose the max you'd likely ever need (like 5G or 6GB?). Then use your favorite Windows tool to defrag your hard drive. AFTER IT's done you should then also defrag your page file.

Also checkout DPC latency and i'd advise you also make sure you have the latest versions of Java and Adobe FlashPlayer installed

fixed it! i now have crystal clear audio. sry it took so long to send in a reply but last night I got frustrated after installing everything i could to combat it so i f-disked :) now my audio has no problems atm I can run like 6 things with no audio or video lag its great. thanks for your help anyways guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back