Not open for further replies.
System has recovered from a serious error
Computer reboots automatically after about 2 minutes
The window error box that popped up had these files listed:
\mini120309-04.dmp & sysdata.xml
I can enter safe mode and it does not auto reboot from here
I turned off auto reboot check box to get blue screen
Blue screen error code =
Stop: 0x000000f4, 0x00000003, 0x899D22860, 0x899D229D4, 0x805D1652 –the last three parameters change with each reboot. OS v 5.1, SP 2.0, Product 256_1
Event log says: Source: system error, Category: (102), Event ID: 1003
I have not installed any new software or hardware prior to this occurring.
Computer info:
HP Compaq dx7500 microtower PC
Windows XP professional v. 5.1
Intel Core T2 duo E8400 processor (3Ghz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1333 Mhz FSB
Intel G45 chipset
4 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM (4X1GB DIMM)
Minidump files attached
I am not real good with computers. I read thru many posts on this site and have gotten as far as I can on my own. If you can read the minidump files to tell me where to go from here I would greatly appreciate it.
Please help if you can.
Thank you

Did you run anything right before the crash?

Also it could be a virus of some sort.

If you are or not using an antivirus software then uninstall the old one if you have and install Microsoft Security essentials its free and very good.

Let me know.

Virus

I am using Kasperky virus software.
I use this compter for my work so I am typically running TC 2000 stock software, Excel, and internet explorer, but have not installed anything new lately.
I went into msconfig and turned off all non-microsoft programs plus a few microsoft ones and the computer does not auto reboot for now.
I don't know about all these different programs that run in the background to know if some might be viruses or spyware. Is there a list of typical program that should be running on the computer so I can narrow down the culprit.

All your errors are 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

All your minidumps cite the XP OS driver csrss.exe as the cause of your crashes. This file is actually a Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem ... This is the user-mode portion of the Win32 subsystem (with Win32.sys being the kernel-mode portion). Csrss stands for client/server run-time subsystem and is an essential subsystem that must be running at all times. Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and and/or deleting threads, and some parts of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment. The csrss.exe which is from Microsoft is located in the c:\windows\System32 folder.

Usually OS drivers are too general to be of much help but in your minidumps it gave the additional information that this driver was blocking the Kaspersky driver klif.sys from loading. Update Kaspersky.

By the way, I also strongly suggest you update to SP 3 for security measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back