Auto-Resize Webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Hello all, I've only had minor experience designing webpages. I keep one up and going for my dads business but it's very simplw and doesnt matter much. I recently went ahead and purchased Frontpage 2003 after using the Beta for many months. I made a deal with my uncle to design a site for his business..I made $500. The site is www.firstimpressionscollision.com . I'm pretty much finished with it, however I designed it to be primarily displayed at 1024x768...It still looks ok at 800x600 in Windows XP....but I noticed that at 800x600 on Windows 98 it knocks everything out of place and looks horrific..is there any auto resize setting I can use?

Its also the same if I view it from 1280x1024, it doesnt automatically expand. What do I need to do to get the page to expand and shrink based upon screen resolution???

You have probably used tables to design the site layout, what you need to do is to use percentage based tables and not fixed pixels width, that way content will expand accordingly.

BTW, you said your compared how the site looked in Win98 and XP and that doesn't make sense, you should compare with various browser packages and versions for compatibility: IE 5 & 6.0, Mozilla, Opera, etc.

BTW Thank you so much Julio, you were correct...

Also I highly recommend Frontpage 2003 to anyone who uses previous versions, I believe MS has improved many many things...

The Frontpage series of HTML editors, in my opinion, are pretty bad. Even 2003.

Dreamweaver has been my hands-down favorite for some time.

lol..just looked into it...It's twice as expensive as Frontpage....I'll stick with Frontpage unless i start designing more webpages..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back