Autorun.ini

ruready2

I am trying to create an auto play disc for a set-up file. In order to do so the disc must have an autorun.ini file. The problem is that the disc will not auto play unless I include a special character as shown in the image below circled in red. I have no idea how to create those characters. I used an existing cd to copy that autorun file then replaced the file name for the file I wanted to use. I have even tried an automated autorun.ini file creator without success.

By the way, the characters I refer to are not the letter O nor a zero even though they do resemble such in the image. They are actually vertically rectangular.

Thanks in advance!

Hold your Alt key and presss 0141 on your number pad (do not use the numbers above the letters), then let go of the Alt key.

Thanks for the reply. The combination works just as you stated. Do you have any idea why I am having to use that symbol in order for the autorun to work? No post I have been able to find anywhere on the web has included instructions to use the symbol to make the disc autoplay.

If you want to try another method, I have been using AutoRunPro for years and this simple autorun.inf:
[Autorun]
open=AutoRunPro.exe /s
[AutorunPro]
Run1=index.htm

to make a DVD containing all My Utilities. The autorun opens a Word htm file that is full of Hyperlinks.

If you want to try another method, I have been using AutoRunPro for years and this simple autorun.inf:
[Autorun]
open=AutoRunPro.exe /s
[AutorunPro]
Run1=index.htm

to make a DVD containing all My Utilities. The autorun opens a Word htm file that is full of Hyperlinks.

Thanks for the reply. That's just the problem. Unless I include the symbols the disc will not autoplay. I have tried numerous text formats without success but, the minute I include the symbols the disc autoplay works fine. I am unable to locate anything on the web about this. I have searched and searched.

Back