Avast Antivirus and Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave H

Hya everyone, can anyone help me here. I have got Avast Antivirus on my Pc. I also use Outlook Express for my mail. I have been able to configure outlook with my blueyonder email but unable to use outlook with Avast. I keep getting an error message:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded(pass:20, processes:Rps.exe[19], msimn.exe[1]), there is a collision with another program', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90[/B][/B]
Is Avast not compatible or is there a way to configure this.

thanks

Dave H

Go into Avast`s options and turn off the "Scan outbound mail " option.

See if that fixes it.

No it still does not work, I have to turn off scanning for incoming and outgoing mail before I can receive mail. Then I have no protection on emails. I am sure I have read somewhere that it can be configured but cannot remember where I saw it. Thanks anyway.

I have AVG and don`t use real time scanning for email.

I just do a manual scan of any attachments,I`m not certain about.

If you want to keep real time,here is one idea I`ve seen -

"Locate the avast4.ini file and open in Notepad. Increase the MaxConnections setting to 50 (the default is 20).

Save and close Notepad and turn on the Avast email scanner then try your email again".

Ok thanks, I have switched back to AVG 7.5 just thought I would have a change. I have My ISP virus scanner so well covered I suppose.

Thanks again
Dave H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back