Avoid Maplin's ECS GeForce 6100PM M2 Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

VsUK

---Edited---

maplin Electronic's have now began to recall all the bundles sold as the memory that was provided are deemed faulty on arrival & its decided that all memory will be replaced or id required, refunds offered.

---Edited---

I purchased this bundle from the Kingston, London branch & it was problem after problem. I’m a fully qualified pc technician & decided to get this bundle maplin was offering for my mother who wanted to venture onto the web & the store was just down the road from us.

After receiving the bundle, I was shocked to already see the ddr2 memory pre installed onto the motherboard, Something you should not.

Anyways, I took it home & fixed it up to find it was error after error, been qualified as I am, I quickly narrowed the problem down. The ddr2 they provided was faulty. I went back 3 times to exchange the memory for working ones & 3 times I couldn’t believe my eyes. A member of staff just opened up another bundle, pulled out the sticks, put them in a bag & handed me a new receipt for the exchange n took my details.
Well, the 4th time in trying & still it was error after error, so I decided to call it a day & took it back. I had more problems ahead of me, not only did they say they don’t offer refunds to pc hardware due to the static or people using them can cause problems or whatever. Anyways, they did offer to send them off to service centre to be checked. This did not tally with me at all & after a good hour of talks, I left n returned to the store an hour later with a printed piece of information, which was the following..

Sale of Goods Act, Faulty Goods.

Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002

• Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

• Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

• It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

• If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back (i.e faulty at the time of sale). "within a reasonable time".

• If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)

• In general, the onus is on all purchasers to prove the goods did not conform to contract (e.g. was inherently faulty) and should have reasonably lasted until this point in time (i.e. perishable goods do not last for six years).

He said he had to ring head office & after 2 minutes, he returned & accepted my refund request.
So in short, unless you was told it was faulty or could be faulty at the time of purchase (but why would you buy something faulty?) then your entitled to a full refund, repair or replacement at the buyers discretion. (i.e you may wish to replace, repair the item or want a refund to buy a different item in staid)

So, don’t back down people, stand up as the law has your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back