Background change, possible spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I happened upon this site, and it seems like the safest place to get help cleaning my computer. Earlier today my web browser started freaking out then my BG changed and i got the "Your computer might be infected" message. I ended a user process and the symptoms went away, but i fear that there might be some deeper viruses.

As a starting point since the Malware team are always rather busy. I'd suggest running through the 8 steps and see what it finds. Then attach your logs to your next post and a helper will be able to instruct you further :)

need help asap

problem has gotten much worse. PC shutdown, now i can't run any programs in normal mode, and all i have is a hjt log, during the time of the log, the virus was on the computer but was not that bad. i will attach my hjt file to this message

I am having the same problem

Except that I can't run any programs. I can't even reset the background, let alone run any of my malware removal software. What can I do to solve this problem if I cannot run anything?

***Update: I am able to run the virus removal software from the guest account on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back