Backlight on a Laptop is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this laptop for several years, and being horrible with electronics, it's gone through some tought times. There aren't any internal complications or anything to that extent, but the screen's almost completely off or it. I'm much more careful with my new laptop, thankfully, but I'm still curious as to whether or not my old, beat-up laptop can be saved. I want to use it for iTunes, but find it hard to see. Any suggestions as to what I can do, preferably without spending too much money?

You can plug an external Monitor to it :)

Or you can replace the Inverter board that powers this backlight
The tiny inverter board, usually sits to the side of the LCD screen (note: this is under the display bezel, ie dismantling required here)

I tried two different external monitors, and neither worked :[ I think it's had it, unfortunately, but until it finally gives it's last cough, I'll be shining a light on the screen. Thanks, though! ^^

You may need to "Toggle" the display

There's usually a key to press to toggle the LCD or External Monitor, or Both!
What key?
Well I don't know, all the manufactures do their own unique key like F10 or F4 (you may need to view the manual on your Laptop model, these can be freely downloaded from the Manufacture's support page, usually where the driver downloads are, in the support area)

Hey, you doing two threads. Hmm, and here I was thinking 10 people solved today, and now it's only 9 :( (Actually hopefully more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back